Just a FYI..

      Some of us providers are looking at staring a project using Redfish to
manage “objects” --- specifically as a “UI” (USER INTERFACE) …

If you take a step back and consider

  1.  What will the user API be – we’ll 95% chance that’s REST.
  2.  Will they want to read, or have experience using the protocols and data
models  -  SURE that’s Java for them & JSON
  3.  What are they using DOS or Windows (GUI’s) -  Well now we realize we need
a GUI pattern to display that managed Object.

If you then walk over to a cloud group – you immediately find out that.

  1.  Cloud templates are full of “managed objects”
  2.  The managed object data models (pattern) supports showing the object in a
GUI (like Open Stack dashboard).

  *   All of a sudden people realize .. hey that is what cloud does.

The nail in the coffin –

        Agile to a cloud customer is giving them the Objects to manage /
configure, ….   (ask ONUG SD-WAN – they have been pounding the table to get
this like they have it in cloud).

                i.e. – if one decides to build a Life cycle manager for
“customer objects” – you in explicably add the internal IT, and Network
controller dev. to meeting the customer requirement.
                Aka -  you are out of the race…  (when I say in explicably –
you can’t explain to a customer that this takes 9-12 months to deliver) …

The punch line –
                Software isn’t agile – user managed Objects are..   (you can
orchestrate an resource to give it to the customer to manage, or just give it
as part of the platform without orchestration)

                The project scope is being hammered out now…
                More to come.

Best,
Mike