From: <opnfv-tech-discuss-boun...@lists.opnfv.org> on behalf of "Beierl, Mark"
<mark.bei...@dell.com>
Date: Monday, September 25, 2017 at 11:47 AM
To: "opnfv-tech-discuss@lists.opnfv.org" <opnfv-tech-discuss@lists.opnfv.org>
Subject: [opnfv-tech-discuss] Many failed docker builds

Hello,

Not sure who can help with this.  Right now there are 4 or more executor slots
than can execute any given opnfv-docker.sh script.  The problem is with so many
docker jobs being introduced in Euphrates, we are getting a lot of failures due
to timeouts.  For example, on arm-build4, 4 docker builds can start in
parallel, but only one will pass the build in progress check.  The other 3 jobs
will wait for the first build to complete, and then the next will start.  If
the total wait time for any of the builds exceeds 30 minutes, we get a failure.

This is happening more frequently.  There are a couple options that I can see:

*  Reduce the number of executors to 1.  This might have unintended
side-effects on build times for other jobs.
*  Reduce the number of executors to 1 and add more slaves for the given
hardware (both ARM and x86)
*  Fix the opnfv-docker.sh script so that it can allow more than one docker
build to execute simultaneously.  I don't know what this would encompass.

I would really love to hear other's opinions on what can be done.

Regards,
Mark

Mark Beierl
SW System Sr Principal Engineer
Dell EMC | Office of the CTO
mobile +1 613 314 8106<tel:1-613-314-8106>
mark.bei...@dell.com<mailto:mark.bei...@dell.com>