Hi

we made some tests using Functest (opnfv/functest-healthcheck and functest-smoke - eupĥrates) on xci-baremetal in our labs.

we have reproducible results and would like to discuss with xci group
I did not see xci/functest recent logs on our Jenkins, do I miss something?
As far as I remember, results that look pretty similar to what we show on xci/virtual

- opnfv/functest-healthcheck: 3 tests PASS

- opnfv/functest-smoke:
  * vping_ssh: PASS
  * vping_userdata: PASS
  * tempest_smoke_serial: FAIL (success rate: 88% / expected 100%)
  * raly_sanity: FAIL (success rate: 67% / expected 100%)
  * refstack: FAIL (success rate: 92% /expected 100%)
  * snaps_smoke: PASS

tempest_smoke_serial & refstack: the issues are mainly dealing with volume

_tempest_sm__oke_
tempest.api.network.*test_**networks.NetworksIpV6Test.**test_external_network_visibility* ... fail [0.232s] tempest.api.network.*test_networks.NetworksTest.test_external_network_visibility* ... fail [0.240s]
tempest.api.*volume.test_volumes_actions.VolumesV1ActionsTest* ... fail
tempest.api.*volume.test_volumes_actions.VolumesV2ActionsTest* ... fail
tempest.api.volume.*test_volumes_get.VolumesV1GetTest.test_volume_create_get_update_delete* ... fail [2.072s] tempest.api.volume.*test_volumes_get.VolumesV1GetTest.test_volume_create_get_update_delete_from_image* ... fail [1.999s] tempest.api.volume.*test_volumes_get.VolumesV2GetTest.test_volume_create_get_update_delete* ... fail [1.927s] tempest.api.volume.*test_volumes_get.VolumesV2GetTest.test_volume_create_get_update_delete_from_image* ... fail [1.857s]
tempest.api.volume.*test_volumes_list.VolumesV1ListTestJSON* ... fail
tempest.api.volume.*test_volumes_list.VolumesV2ListTestJSON* ... fail
tempest.scenario.*test_network_basic_ops.TestNetworkBasicOps.test_network_basic_ops* ... fail [29.493s] tempest.scenario.*test_volume_boot_pattern.TestVolumeBootPattern.test_volume_boot_pattern* ... fail [3.325s] tempest.scenario.*test_volume_boot_pattern.TestVolumeBootPatternV2.test_volume_boot_pattern* ... fail [3.328s]

_refstack_
tempest.api.compute.*volumes.test_attach_volume.AttachVolumeTestJSON.test_list_get_volume_attachments* [9.194552s] ... FAILED tempest.api.volume.test_volumes_get.VolumesV2GetTest.test_volume_create_get_update_delete [2.017406s] ... FAILED tempest.api.volume.*test_volumes_get.VolumesV2GetTest.test_volume_create_get_update_delete_as_clone* [1.461944s] ... FAILED tempest.api.volume.test_volumes_get.VolumesV2GetTest.test_volume_create_get_update_delete_from_image [2.079463s] ... FAILED

some tests are run in refstack and tempest_smoke_serial and are FAIL in both cases of course
the errors on network_visibility are surely due to lab configuration

Rally: errors in Cinder (volume again), Nova (Live migration impacted by volume) and Ceilometer (even if service is here, did not look precisely at the error)

As Ceph is not supported yet in xci virtual/baremetal but I saw a patch recently addressing this. Anyway, I assume the feedback is valuable all the more as it can be confirmed on xci/virtual

So far, regarding test criteria, all the functest smoke runs will be FAIL

I would be interested by any pointer on functest tests on xci in jenkins and your view on the test results and the way we manage it (shall we exclude some cases/suites)

/Morgan

falsifie. Merci.

this message and its attachments.
modified, changed or falsified.