Hi,

I just want to raise a concern the Functest team has been discussing this
morning.

This list is maybe good from a deployment prospective, but it seems we are
lowering the bar the older OPNFV gets… I remember in the Arno and Brahmaputra
days the release criteria was to pass Functest/Yardstick, then we said that
scenario owners can decide to release or not release according to the results.
Now it seems that a deployable scenario is eligible to be released without
taking into account the quality, which can be acceptable.. but the community
and the users should know that some of these scenarios do not even pass
Healthcheck or vPing whereas others get 100% success from Functest.

I am not saying we should not release them but if I were an user, I would like
to know some details about the quality of the scenarios. I would not like to
deploy something that cannot even spawn VMs or do a simple ping between them…
Maybe for the next time, we could have a general release document/report about
the quality of each scenario and mention the known issues for those which have
problems to pass the minimum set of tests. Functest is doing this by taking a
snapshot of the dashboard at the release date [1], but I do not think we should
be the project responsible for offering that information, it should be more
visible and centralized.

Regards,
Jose

[1] http://testresults.opnfv.org/functest/euphrates/