From: Fatih Degirmenci [mailto:fatih.degirme...@ericsson.com]
Sent: Montag, 11. Dezember 2017 05:20
To: Frank Brockners (fbrockne) <fbroc...@cisco.com>; Trevor Bramwell
<tbramw...@linuxfoundation.org>
Cc: Serena Feng <feng.xiao...@zte.com.cn>; opnfv-tech-discuss@lists.opnfv.org
Subject: Re: [opnfv-tech-discuss] [releng] Committer list per Releng repository

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the feedback.

Splitting Releng is perhaps an option but I personally do not think it will add
too much value.
I believe support functions such as what Releng aims to provide is best handled
as a whole rather than multiple individual projects.
This is important in order to ensure the project provides best service to the
community and sub teams follow overall direction set by Infra WG in general and
Releng Project in particular.

With that said, if any Releng committer comes up with a proposal to split
Releng, resulting in multiple smaller projects, we can put these 2 proposals to
vote and do accordingly.

Another thing I would like to highlight is that the proposed setup with
subprojects/teams is pretty similar to how OpenStack Infra project works; top
level Infra project and multiple sub teams that specialize in certain aspects
of the infra. [1] We as project need to work on the details if this proposal is
accepted and approved by the TSC. Until this happens, that link can give an
idea regarding where we might end up.

One last point is, Releng will probably not be the only one with this need. We
are just the first one.

[1] https://docs.openstack.org/infra/system-config/project.html#teams

/Fatih