Hello Manuel,

The backward compatibily has been enforced for all env vars and you
shouldn't have seen any problem for
  - CONST.__getattribute__('EXTERNAL_NETWORK')
  - CONST.__getattribute__('OS_AUTH_URL')
  - CONST.__getattribute__('OS_PASSWORD')

Then our change has also been merged https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/#/
c/52243/

The patch mentioned is about getting env var which is related to the
former config entry openstack_creds instead.
https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/#/c/52221/4

Here we could have enforced a backward compatility.
But it's hard to detect possible side effects when external programs
leverage on your internal config.
https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/#/c/51283/5/functest/ci/config_functest
.yaml

Thank you for the report. I updated your tree.
https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/#/c/52393/

Our 'readthedocs' documentation describes the Framework (external
interfaces).
We are currently defining additional interfaces for SDNVPN and SFC
which will be added to the documentation.
It will avoid the reuse of our internal objects.

Our API doc is built (per merge) by extracting docstrings and
automatically published to readthedocs.
No relevant docstring has been set in CONST.

Cédric