Dear TSC,

I promised during today's TSC call to provide more detailed information on the
proposed scope of the next OVP release (2018.0x):

  *   Slides showing a concise mapping of test suites to proposed categories
and requirement levels (mandatory / optional)

https://wiki.opnfv.org/download/attachments/2925933/Dovetail-OVP%20-%20TSC%20scope%20review.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1530025340369&api=v2

  *   List of all proposed new test cases to be included in addition to the
existing scope (OVP 2018.01)

https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/dovetail/Proposed+Test+Scope+of+OVP+2018.0x

  *   State of the proposed test cases in our CI

https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/dovetail/Status+of+proposed+tests

Please note that some of the failing test cases do in fact pass in the normal
daily CI runs of the installers. The dovetail test suite is executed after
Functest and Yardstick and we do see an irregular (PASS/FAIL) behavior across
all platforms. I attribute this to the fact that the deployments have already
gone through quite some test load which causes instabilities. If a test passes
regularly in the daily installer runs and shows unstable behavior in the
Dovetail runs, we still consider it mature enough for inclusion.

  *   Bottlenecks ping stress test

There was a request for more information on the bottlenecks stress test we are
proposing for inclusion. In a nutshell, the test spawns a configurable number
of threads, each deploying a Heat stack consisting of two VMs through
Yardstick. The two VMs attempt to verify connectivity by means of pings. The
test passes if the number of successfully deployed stacks is greater than a
configurable threshold.

In its current configuration, the test deploys 2x 20 stacks / threads and
requires that all 20 stacks deploy successfully [1].

Unfortunately, we observe the testcase to fail regularly (observe the "result"
and "success_rate" fields: [2]) given its current parameterization. We received
the input on the call that Dovetail should not change the parameterization of
test cases, but delegate this to the corresponding testing projects.

[1]
https://github.com/opnfv/bottlenecks/blob/master/testsuites/posca/testcase_cfg/posca_factor_ping.yaml

[2]
http://testresults.opnfv.org/test/api/v1/results?project=bottlenecks&case_name=posca_factor_ping

Please review the proposal and come back with questions and remarks where
needed. We are planning to review and approve the scope in one of the next TSC
meetings.

Best regards

Georg