From: opnfv-tech-discuss@lists.opnfv.org
[mailto:opnfv-tech-discuss@lists.opnfv.org] On Behalf Of Cedric OLLIVIER
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2018 8:22 PM
To: xudan (N) <xuda...@huawei.com>
Cc: opnfv-tech-discuss@lists.opnfv.org; Georg Kunz <georg.k...@ericsson.com>;
louie long <yl...@biigroup.cn>
Subject: Re: [opnfv-tech-discuss] [Functest] vping failed

Hello Xudan,

60s is just in case of Cirros. That duration is very big regarding the one
required: vping testcases ends before that minute.
In case of Cloudify, the image is much more bigger which increases the duration
when caching images.

Why not setting 180 but all installers are passing all Cirros-based testcases.
But be free to send us any log showing that the timeout has to be increased. It
has to be guided by experiment.

Our target is simply to select the right timeout according to the image we have
selected (shade selects an arbitrary value).
We should detect if the duration is abnormally long instead of setting the
biggest timeouts.
At the end of the day, the end users will face with that issues.

As far as I know, wait arg is set to False by default in create_server().
Then we do wait via wait_for_server() or setting wait=True (both are equal).

Yes we would like to support vlan (even if few ids are supported) but badly
it's out of OPNFV gates.
To check your results, we need all logs and config files (please send me them
by email).
I don't know if you correctly modify

·         network_type

·         physical_network

·         segmentation_id

We can implement a fallback mechanism based on the port created if Shade team
doesn't update its code.

But following our leitmotiv "upstream first", we should work on shade instead
of Functest here.

Cédric