Hi,

Count me in, too.

Best regards
Georg

From: opnfv-tech-discuss@lists.opnfv.org <opnfv-tech-discuss@lists.opnfv.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 12:47 PM
To: Wenjing Chu <wenjing....@huawei.com>; opnfv-tech-discuss@lists.opnfv.org
Cc: jason.jiax...@gmail.com; fuq...@chinamobile.com; Stephen Wong
Subject: Re: [opnfv-tech-discuss] The OPNFV Cloud Native working group proposal

From:
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2018 7:57 PM
To:
Cc: jason.jiax...@gmail.com<mailto:jason.jiax...@gmail.com>;
<julien...@gmail.com<mailto:julien...@gmail.com>>; Tina Tsou
<tina.t...@arm.com<mailto:tina.t...@arm.com>>;
fatih.degirme...@ericsson.com<mailto:fatih.degirme...@ericsson.com>; TSC OPNFV
<opnfv-...@lists.opnfv.org<mailto:opnfv-...@lists.opnfv.org>>; Ryota Mibu
<r-m...@cq.jp.nec.com<mailto:r-m...@cq.jp.nec.com>>; Sridhar K. N. Rao
<sridhar....@spirent.com<mailto:sridhar....@spirent.com>>
Subject: [opnfv-tech-discuss] The OPNFV Cloud Native working group proposal is
being discussed in the TSC

I would like to give all in the OPNFV community a shout-out that we're
discussing a Cloud Native focused working group in the last two TSC calls.
Brian Skerry, Rossella and myself have put a list of recommendations together
since we started a couple of months ago. The draft proposal and detailed
background material can be found in this wiki page:
https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/meetings/Cloud+Native

We'd very much appreciate your feedback and, more importantly, interests in
participating its work. I don't know if I should emphasize again the importance
of cloud native to OPNFV's mission and our relevance in the industry, but I
believe that OPNFV has a good opportunity to make an impactful contribution.
There are a lot of projects working on many aspects of cloud native open source
technologies, what's lacking is a common initiative towards common goals:
identifying needs/gaps, articulating these goals, planning them, coordinating
different aspects for maximum effect, and sharing training and messaging etc.

Here is a list of proposed work items so far for the new WG:

  *   Document current state of various ongoing efforts in OPNFV, where we want
to go/contribute (OPNFV vision wrt cloud native), and identify gaps.
  *   Establish a cloud native CD toolchain and process
  *   Drive commonalities among OPNFV k8s scenarios. Produce common Kubernetes
scenarios (e.g. two) with long-live community environment
  *   Work with projects (initially select a few) to help them
  *   produce cloud native artifacts
  *   adopt cloud native tools and practices
  *   adapt/expand to support cloud native environments
  *   Establish robust connection and engagement with upstream CNCF, ONAP/LFN,
edge and other communities
  *   Support multi-clouds based on k8s: e.g. ONAP, edge, public clouds
  *   Drive longer term efforts: e.g. common API, service mesh, 'middle-box'
data path, acceleration, edge support, etc.
  *   Produce user oriented and developer oriented training material

Discussions/feedback welcomed. Thanks.

Regards
Wenjing