We seem to be forgetting that a significant fraction of our hardware
comes through donated Pharos labs. I think it is important to maintain
and evolve the possibility for companies to hook up labs with hardware
of their choosing (within the limits of the Pharos spec) to the OPNFV
federated labs infrastructure and run the OPNFV stacks on their hardware.

Particularly in the light of the increasing importance of hardware
accelerators, Pharos labs have the potential to enable OPNFV to become a
proving ground for integration of such hardware into the broader open
source ecosystem. This is a unique capability of OPNFV that, as far as I
am aware, exists nowhere else in the industry.

Tim

--
Dr.-Ing. Tim Irnich, Senior Program Manager Developer Engagement
E-Mail: tim.irn...@suse.com