Hi all,

After an initiative, I've started with a first attempt to introduce the XCI in
the dovetail and as I promised to David,

I' m sending you this email with my progress so far.

Specifically, I tried to deployed the dovetail on XCI installer and run TCs
through dovetail tool.

XCI details:

-          OS: Ubuntu (check the rest requirements [1])

-          Flavor: mini (for more details [1])

-          Deploy Scenario: os-odl-sfc-noha and follow the rest instructions
for SFC deployment with XCI [2]

Waiting until  the XCI deployment is completed.

After that, the dovetail tool installation takes place following  the relevant
instructions from UG [3] in OPNFV VM of XCI (ssh root@192.168.122.2
<mailto:root@192.168.122.2> ).

My first action was to verify that the containers which have been downloaded
via dovetail project were run properly.

So, using the functest-features:gambia container , I was trying to run
different test scenarios.

At this point, I noticed that the only scenario that was running properly (for
my configuration setup and environment) was the SFC test cases.

After that I tried to run the same scenario through dovetail:

-          I prepared a patch in order to trigger this scenario [4].

-          I prepared the env_config.sh and pod.yaml files according to the XCI
topology and configuration

-          I added in the 'env_config.sh' of dovetail the following parameters

o   DEPLOY_SCENARIO=os-odl-sfc-noha

o   INSTALLER_TYPE=osa

o   INSTALLER_IP=192.168.122.2

o   EXTERNAL_NETWORK=ext-net

The result was partially successfully.

The test scenario has been started and the OS components are created
successfully (like routes, networks  etc).

At the end, I got an error which seems more or less related to my environment.

As far as I remember, I got the same error when I tried to run the SFC test
case directly through functest-features:gambia

Another alternative that I tried after the aforementioned results

I used the patch [5] changing the relationship between the SFC test cases and
the XCI installer.

[This patch makes the SFC TCs independently from each installer, so the
information like the server's IP is fetched directly from a yaml file that
prepared by user or by dovetail (the pod.yaml in our case)]  and not by
installer.

Using this patch, I have skipped the step to add the above parameters in the
environment file (env_config.sh), since this information is retrieved directly
from pod.yaml which is copied in the container from dovetail.

BUT the important thing is that the results are much better.

The investigation is in progress! :)

Let me know if there are questions / comments about the above steps or results.

Moreover, If someone have time to support / contribute this attempt, he/she is
more than welcome!

Have a nice weekend!

BR

Panos

[1]
https://opnfv-releng-xci.readthedocs.io/en/latest/xci-user-guide.html#xci-user-guide

[2] https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/sfc/Deploy+OPNFV+SFC+scenarios

[3]
https://github.com/opnfv/dovetail/blob/master/docs/testing/user/userguide/testing_guide.rst

[4] https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/#/c/67615/

[5] https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/#/c/67492/

Panagiotis Karalis
Software Engineer

SDN/NFV Team
______________________________________
Intracom Telecom
19.7 km Markopoulou Ave., Peania, GR 19002
t:   +30 2106671499
 <mailto:pkara...@intracom-telecom.com> pkara...@intracom-telecom.com
 <http://www.intracom-telecom.com/> www.intracom-telecom.com

JOIN US

MWC Shanghai

26-28 June
Shanghai, China

GITEX Technology Week

6-10 October

Dubai, UAE

MWC Los Angeles

22-24 October

Los Angeles, USA

Futurecom

28-31 October
Sao Paulo, Brazil

AfricaCom

12-14 November
Cape Town, South Africa

MWC Barcelona

24-27 February 2020

Barcelona, Spain

The information in this e-mail message and any attachments are intended only
for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may be confidential.
If you have received this transmission in error, and you are not an intended
recipient, be aware that any copying, disclosure, distribution or use of this
transmission or its contents is prohibited. Intracom Telecom and the sender
accept no liability for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or computer
system that may occur while using data contained in, or transmitted with, this
email. Views or opinions expressed in this message may be those of the author
and may not necessarily represent those of Intracom Telecom.