Hello TSC and Community,

With the CNTT/GSMA initiative to define a common telco NFVi, we are all excited
at this direction which opens a new era for OPNFV. That is the goal that TSC
and community stands by for our future releases.

LFN has issued a news
release<https://www.opnfv.org/announcements/2019/05/14/opnfv-hunter-delivers-test-tools-ci-cd-framework-to-enable-common-nfvi-for-verifying-vnfs>
 [1] for Hunter release. As quoted in this news
release<https://www.opnfv.org/announcements/2019/05/14/opnfv-hunter-delivers-test-tools-ci-cd-framework-to-enable-common-nfvi-for-verifying-vnfs>
 [1], "... OPNFV is on its way to enable a common NFVI stack that will meet the
needs of operators. We are working  in collaboration with both global operators
as well as the GSMA, ...". It means that we are set out to implement CNTT/GSMA
specification in our next release - Iruya Release.

On the other hand, CNTT/GSMA are working hard to produce the specification for
OPNFV. There are many moving parts and uncertainty on its schedule and work
plan. Under this circumstance, instead of traditional 6-month cadence, we need
to adjust ourselves accordingly in order to keep our promise and credibility as
announced in news
release<https://www.opnfv.org/announcements/2019/05/14/opnfv-hunter-delivers-test-tools-ci-cd-framework-to-enable-common-nfvi-for-verifying-vnfs>
 [1].

Thus we need to align our Iruya Release with CNTT/GSMA plan in order to show
industry that in Iruya Release, we OPNFV accomplishes our first step of
enabling common NFVi stack by working with global operators and GSMA.

Thank you
Bin

[1]