Hi, all.
Dispite of all the discussion about airship or pdf, I think one common
understanding here is "we need a generic discription file for the installers,
which is installer agnostic". I think this is also a common understanding
within the CNTT RI. Given this fact, I think what we are doing in airship 2.0,
PDF evolvement, and Chp05 of CNTT RI which is a discription file for installer
for the CNTT Jan. release, are all targeting to this goal.
I think it was a good discussion on yesterday's TSC call that we are not
blocking any project, but we just need to give the community a pressure when
will we reach this common goal. For this common goal, it does not just simply
mean one should follow the other, but people should sit together,  work on the
discription files, and have it evolve to fit our end user's needs. And this
does not mean we still have years to work on this. At least from the CNTT RI
WS, we really have a deadline of this January to release the discription file.
May I suggest a workable plan for driving this as follows:
1. we work on the discription files requirement defined in chp05 of CNTT,
https://github.com/cntt-n/CNTT/pull/535. I would suggest any one who really
care about the common discription file to join the discussion and provide
comments at this thread. And let us target Jan. release of CNTT for a common
discription file
2. Evolve PDF according to the requirements defined in chp05, with a given
deadline ( I think J release for OPNFV probably would be too late, but I guess
that probably is something we can target now...)
3. Evolve all installers, including airship, to fit into PDF accordingly.

中国移动研究院
网络与IT技术研究所
付乔 15901025951