Hi,

Functest Kali is out !
It allows verifying OpenStack Ussuri which is being released and Kubernetes
v1.18.

The marketing messages always announce product-ready and easy-to-use software.
But it's so true for Functest !
The full CI chains are still deployed in a few commands and it's so stable
according to our verification jobs and the feedbacks received from our end
users.
I benefit from this announcement to thank all contributors (Functest and the
upstream communities) which have contributed to this release and to the
previous ones.
We have done a very good job over the years!

CNTT RC 1.0 which is being released contains all the Functest test cases
applicable to CNTT conformance (only focusing on mandatory
services/capabilities/features).
It's worth mentioning than the classical IaaS verification containers offer
additional test cases such as the latest one: tempest-telemetry (Telemetry is
optional in CNTT from the time being).

Our OpenStack testing is already very huge (3000+ functional tests) and it
covers most of the OpenStack operations/requirements.
Depending on the feedbacks and on the contributors, we would add swift testing
in Functest<https://github.com/cntt-n/CNTT/issues/1442> covering Swift even
more.
They are a few upstream tempest plugins which would make sense too, especially
for CNTT:

·
cyborg-tempest-plugin<https://github.com/openstack/cyborg-tempest-plugin>

·
ironic-tempest-plugin<https://github.com/openstack/ironic-tempest-plugin>

In addition to our current benchmarks (3 hours), new test cases are already
identified and are waiting for contributors (CNTT?):
Most of them are about disk benchmarking which is a hot NFV topic (feedbacks
from Functest users, CNTT, etc.)

·         run fio or dd in Functest <https://github.com/cntt-n/CNTT/issues/1477>

·         add ceph bench and rbd bench into
Functest<https://github.com/cntt-n/CNTT/issues/1476>

·         add swift-bench in
Functest<https://github.com/cntt-n/CNTT/issues/1474>

·         integrate KloudBuster in
Functest<https://github.com/cntt-n/CNTT/issues/508>

We do rather focus on Kubernetes and add as much as possible upstream tests.
I'm hoping that we will convert all motivations about CNTT RC2 into code and
then fill the huge gap between the meeting attendees and the contributors.
The following existing tests are more than a good start but they are ways to
improve.

·         k8s_smoke

·         xrally_kubernetes

·         k8s_conformance (see cncf/k8s-conformance)

·         kube_hunter

·         k8s_vims

Xtesting has been continuously tested for the last months vs lots of
S3-compatible object storage solutions (Google Storage, Minio, OpenStack Swift,
etc.).
I'm hoping we will leverage as much as we can on this framework across all LFN
projects.
It looks weird to raise everywhere the side effects than OPNFV solved for a
while (see the current issues related to lftools/nexus in ONAP).
More important, we shouldn't forget our end users and do allow them to reuse
our full LFN CI chains.
XtestingCI will integrate optional benchmarking components in the next couple
of days to ease even more our network automation journey.

I propose Léguer for L-Release and I'm hoping it will be selected.
This river would have been rated clear first in the OPNFV statistics thanks to
all contributions from Lannion.

Here are the last night's verifications (all runs are successful)

·         Functest :
https://build.opnfv.org/ci/view/functest/job/functest-kali-daily/16/

·         Functest Kubernetes:
https://build.opnfv.org/ci/view/functest-kubernetes/job/functest-kubernetes-kali-daily/13/