Hi,

In addition to the classical river names, Functest Kubernetes now delivers
Docker tags per Kubernetes release.
(Thank you for all the feedbacks, especially the last one from OOM PTL which
convinced me to prioritize this idea)

The new tags simply match all Kubernetes versions from v1.13 :
https://build.opnfv.org/ci/view/functest-kubernetes-ng-docker/
For your information, there is no known CVE in all the Docker images (that
should be a very key topic especially in OPNFV/Anuket deliverables) :
https://build.opnfv.org/ci/view/functest-kubernetes-ng-trivy/

Badly they aren't yet continuously verified via daily jobs as the classical
docker images due to a lack of hardware resources.
This email is also a call for hardware resources ; 2 servers should be enough
to install all 8 clusters required for a true gating.

This new Docker builds have been generated thanks to lots of new features in
Xtesting CI published in 2021 about Continuous Development.
I proudly announce that all the 3000 Jenkins jobs needed by Functest are now
fully generated from a single yml file mostly focusing on docker image, test
case and src dir lists.
See all jjbs generated in the releng src dir:
https://git.opnfv.org/releng/tree/jjb/functest

As good example, here is the part which generates all Xtesting jjbs for
Continuous Development and for Continuous Integration including:

-          patchset verification (test case verification vs compliant SUTs +
tox: unit tests, linters, bandit, spell and link checks in docs, etc.)

-          deliverable verification (test case verification vs compliant SUTs)

-          CVE detection

(The Functest ones are just bigger due to the number of testcases and all the
changes in test case names across the 6 active branches and it's multiplied by
the number of architectures supported: arm, arm64 and amd64)

- hosts: 127.0.0.1
  vars_files:
    - vars/opnfv.yml
  roles:
    - role: collivier.xtesting
      use_gerrit: true
      git_url: https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/functest-xtesting
      gerrit_project: functest-xtesting
      jenkins_view_trivy_regex:
        (?!{{ project }}-pi)^{{ project }}-[a-z-0-9.]+-trivy$
      suites:
        - container: xtesting
          tests:
            - first
            - second
            - third
            - fourth
            - fifth
            - sixth
        - container: xtesting-mts
          tests:
            - seventh
      docker_tags:
        - latest:
            branch: master
            slave: lf-virtual1
            dependency: '3.13'
        - leguer:
            branch: stable/leguer
            slave: lf-virtual1
            dependency: '3.12'
        - kali:
            branch: stable/kali
            slave: lf-virtual1
            dependency: '3.11'
        - jerma:
            branch: stable/jerma
            slave: lf-virtual1
            dependency: '3.10'
        - iruya:
            branch: stable/iruya
            slave: lf-virtual1
            dependency: '3.9'
        - hunter:
            branch: stable/hunter
            slave: lf-virtual1
            dependency: '3.9'

We could infinitely debate between Jenkins and Gitlab CI/CD and falsy claim
Jenkins Job Builder is too difficult (Hoping we will quickly stop assigning all
LFN Releng design issues to Jenkins Job builder).
When we focus on the right abstractions for the project deliverables (all OPNFV
test projects could leverage all this work as my company does), the release
engineering becomes very simple and maintainable by all.
Hoping to see this kind of discussions in a Dev event rather than the previous
marketing lead discussions quickly failing in the different tools and their
targets.

To conclude, switching 3000 Functest Jobs to ONAP Releng is now as simple as
changing OPNFV to ONAP in git url in this yaml file.
Same if you want to reuse all that work in your company (everything is in place
to add bots from your lab if you're interested to vote on reviews).

I'm now working on the CD part for Kubernetes runners in Jenkins which asks for
a few small enhancements (hoping we would update our obsolete shell runners for
common builds - that would be a cost saving simply by breaking the LFN project
silos which falsy duplicate everything).
And then I would finish the full support of Gitlab CI/CD (only the CI part is
currently supported which is already enough for CNTT RC1 and RC2).

Stay tune. Any help is welcome.

Cédric

falsifie. Merci.

this message and its attachments.