Hi list,

We've created a pretty large HA environment using Danube opnfv fuel. After
initial hiccups with deployment (not all fuel troubles) we can now add
additional compute nodes to the environment with ease!
Thank you for all who've worked on all the projects to make this product.

My question has to do with something I think I should know already: How can we
get fuel to stop overwriting custom settings in our environment? When we deploy
new compute nodes, original openstack settings on all nodes are
re-deployed/re-set.

For example we have changes to settings in these files on the controller nodes.

/etc/nova/nova.conf
/etc/neutron/dhcp_agent.ini
/etc/neutron/plugins/ml2/openvswitch_agent.ini
/etc/openstack-dashboard/local_settings.py
/etc/keystone/keystone.conf
/etc/cinder/cinder.conf
/etc/neutron/neutron.conf

I'm guessing the method to resolve this is not to stop fuel from overwriting
settings, but to add to fuel some tasks that sets these custom settings again
near the end of each deploy.

I'm sure this is something I am supposed to know already, but so far in my
route thru Openstack land experience with this has escaped me.
Can you send me some advice, pointers, places to start?

Thanks!

--jim