Hi,

I have copied and adapted several (40+) integration tests from jetty to
tomcat. Sorry for the large number of pull requests for that. The tests
were running fine in a local build but were unstable on the Jenkins server.

I have not gone through all tests that are ignored in detail, but for now I
have two findings (and questions):
1. filters registered via Whiteboard extender seem not to work with Tomcat.
There is no error message (at least I didn't find any), the filters are
just not executed. The funny thing is: filters registered in the web.xml of
a war work just fine. Does anybody have a clue what the whiteboard extender
does differently with regards to filters than the war extender?

2. There is one WarJSFPrimefacesIntegrationTest. It has three test methods,
the main one does not have a @Test annotation (and also does not work on
jetty). I could update the method and got quite far, but the name entered
in the form is not sent back. If I try the same thing in a Browser (filling
in the form and pressing submit), the whole thing works. Does anybody have
a clue why these tests fail (in Jetty as well as in Tomcat)? Another test
in this class fetches the form and makes sure that no panelGrid-Tag is in
the input? This test fails on Tomcat, but I don't get why this is wrong.
The browser shows the form and I can enter data there. However Jetty sends
a different HTML for the form. Does anybody know how this is achieved?

In addition I had a look into the JIRA for open Tomcat issues:

PAXWEB-513 seems already to be fixed (or I am getting the issue wrong) I
can add multiple servlet mappings for the same servlet in web.xml with
tomcat and they work just fine.

What does PAXWEB-628 mean? That Connector and Host entities can be
configured via tomcat-server.xml? That would be part of PAXWEB-630.

Best regards
Stephan