> What you described is implemented in JBoss Fuse 6.x / Fabric8 v1. But it's
> not that big problem to try to implement it.

> 1b) "scan the configured repositories" - you have
> org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories property in org.ops4j.pa.url.mvn PID
> 1c) entire point is just "aether resolution operation for SNAPSHOT version"
> - see the details here:
> http://ggrzybek.blogspot.com/2016/10/using-maven-with-osgi-part-3.html

Interesting article! (google didn't find it during my searches for
aether and maven stuff)

> In Karaf you can:

> osgi:install mvn:groupId/artifactId/version

> if "version" is X.Y.Z-SNAPSHOT, then simple "osgi:update <bundle-id or
> symbolic name>" will go through entire Aether/Maven resolution according to
> configured update policy (for example, if local version of metadata is not
> older than 1 day, "org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.globalUpdatePolicy = daily" will
> prevent redownloading of metadata.

I'm currently using globalUpdatePolicy always, and that's enough to make
 bundle:update bundlesymbolicname
reload the bundle with a new snapshot made by travis-ci:

https://github.com/steinarb/ukelonn#oppsett-av-webappen-på-en-server-med-debian-gnulinux
(step 6, text in Norwegian but the config stuff should be readable)

So I'm close to having continous deployment from travis-ci, but I'm
missing some way of tickling the "bundle:update" command on the affected
bundles.

> See http://ggrzybek.blogspot.com/2016/07/using-maven-with-osgi-part-2.html
> for more information about pax-url-aether configuration
> See http://ggrzybek.blogspot.com/2016/10/using-maven-with-osgi-part-3.html
> for more information about SNAPSHOT resolution

Looks like I will rely on karaf cave for this functionality, but this is
interesting stuff, so I will read it anyway.

Thanks for the URLs, and the explanations!

- Steinar