Hello, I can answer to:

Why are these profiles there at all? Wouldn't it be easier to remove all
> these profiles and build all containers by default?

The problem is with Maven itself. After I introduced:

<profile>
    <id>doclint-java8-disable</id>
    <activation>
        <jdk>[1.8,)</jdk>
    </activation>
    <properties>
        <javadoc.opts>-Xdoclint:none</javadoc.opts>
    </properties>
</profile>

Maven stopped taking <activeByDefault> into account for tomcat, jetty and
undertow profiles.

The change[1] was related to my general build fixes.

regards
Grzegorz Grzybek
===
[1]: