> I guess one way to do this would be to create a @Component that
> implements the Filter interface and wraps a ShiroFilter.  Ie. it creates
> a ShiroFilter instance and calls init(FilterConfig) on the ShiroFilter
> and then does its own thing.

> It should work... but it feels cumbersome...

Nope! Doesn't work!

It just returned me to the original problem, ie:
 java.lang.IllegalStateException: No WebEnvironment found: no
EnvironmentLoaderListener registered?

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: No WebEnvironment found: no
EnvironmentLoaderListener registered?
        at
org.apache.shiro.web.util.WebUtils.getRequiredWebEnvironment(WebUtils.java:276)
~[?:?]
        at
no.priv.bang.ukelonn.impl.UkelonnShiroFilter.init(UkelonnShiroFilter.java:67)
~[?:?]
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.FilterHolder.initialize(FilterHolder.java:137) ~[?:?]
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.initialize(ServletHandler.java:873)
~[?:?]
        at
org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.updateMappings(ServletHandler.java:1565)
 ~[?:?]