I can chime in;

I started Pax Runner because back in the day, because it was really hard to
write a bundle that worked on all available frameworks, and it was even
harder to automate it. Alin Dreghiciu took over at some point and made Pax
Runner into what it still is. That was in 2007 or so...

When Alin, I and Toni Menzel were on a project together, Toni and Alin
proceeded to create/expand Pax Exam, a testing framework that leveraged Pax
Runner to run your tests against all of the frameworks. In parallel a
"native" test launcher was made in Pax Exam and at some point the Pax
Runner launcher was dropped, and Pax Runner basically ended up being
unmaintained from then on, mostly because it wasn't too hard to do the same
thing with Pax Exam. I even used Pax Exam in 2011 as launcher on a project
where we couldn't decide which framework to use.

So, most things that Pax Runner can do, can be done in Pax Exam (at least
ver 2.x). But there is nothing stopping you from reviving it and take over
maintenance. If one prefers config files over code, then that could make
sense.

HTH
Niclas

On Fri, May 3, 2019 at 11:56 PM <alexandru.repede.stad...@gmail.com> wrote:

> is there any way to find out who was maintaing that pax runner and to see
> why the project was discontinued.
>
> it was able to let eclipse know how to trigger an osgi run configuration
> with a different framework than equinox. i want that :D
>
> --
> --

Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ops4j/CADmm%2BKcmsE%3DoK1hvoT0YUhg2c00gO03yR1o%3DG0m2szh%3D9pGmPA%40mail.gmail.com.