Well obviously log4j being an ASF project has not protected it from beeing affected by one of the worst bugs, neither has "solarwind" who most probably knows all developers in person so I don't get it either, this all for me is more a false-security feeling or just a generic "it might be better" than any actual measure... there are enough commons-xxx projects having nothing released for long time.