Hi Elliot,

In my previous review, I had asked about how MUD intersects with my zerotouch
draft, which has the device reaching out to either a well-known Internet-based
or deployment-specific HTTPS resource.  But the need to reach out to these
HTTPS resources should only be during the device's initial bootstrap process.
You said before something about an initial policy followed by an on-going
policy, but I don't see that here.  Did I miss it?

What is the default behavior of the switch, when no MUD file is available.
Section 4 says "Anything not explicitly permitted is denied", but that section
discusses the processing of a MUD file, not when there is no MUD file.  I'm
assuming the goal is for the switch to deny traffic (fail close) when no MUD
file can be found, but I worry that this may lead to unhappy operators as new
product deployments (not having MUD support) are constantly blocked by the
switches...

Building upon the above two comments, I'm assuming that the switch could be
configured to *always* allow access to some resources, even when no MUD file is
found.  Is this what you had in mind?

Nits:

s1.3: "Thing" here is distracting.  Can you change to "device"?
s1.4: replace "Our work" with something like "The solution"?
s1.5: inconsistent capitalization in manufacturer class names
s1.6: I see Thing here too.  Is this necessary?  Isn't the solution for non-IoT
devices too?
s1.6: you might want to include a ref to RFC 8174, per RFC 8174.
s1.7: the text talks about NMSs and websites, but I think you mean controller
and mud server, right?
s1.8: #7, how is "disconnect" defined?

<skimmed a bunch here>

regarding s3.4 and s3.7, is it possible to roll 'masa-server' into an
extension?  Also, note that the brski-07 draft says nothing about this draft,
so the relationship between the two is unclear.  I'd like to see references to
brski removed from this draft if possible, with a preference for the brski
draft to define its own "extension" is desired.

<skimmed a bunch more here>

s17: s/Watson/Watsen/    - an all too common typo in my life!  ;)

Thanks,
Kent