Dear OPSAWG members,

We have update the Network Telemetry Framework draft significantly in the
latest revision to address the issues and concerns raised in previous meetings
and supplement some new material.

The major updates are:

1.     To address the concern that some techniques might go obsolete, we  move
all the introductions of the related techniques to the appendix. We believe the
survey is useful for the community and the appendix can be maintained to be up
to date.

2.     We articulate why we need to partition the telemetry into different
network planes through more discussions and tabulated comparisons. We highlight
that due to the difference of the data sources and objects, the required
technique can be very different. There's no on-size-fit-all solution. Our
partition can show a much clearer picture and help network operator to
understand the full domain.

3.     To resolve the relationship between network telemetry and conventional
network OAM, we introduce another framework dimension to classify the telemetry
technologies: data acquiring mechanism. It clearly show that conventional OAM
techniques can be a part of telemetry in some cases but network telemetry
covers much more.

4.     We add text address the security issues of network telemetry

5.     We add text to show the evolving stages of network telemetry

There are numerous minus updates throughout the draft.

In the past one year, we have done seven major revisions and we believe it's
now mature enough for a call for adoption and we believe OPSAWG is the right WG
to host it.
We therefore request the adoption of the draft by OPSAWG.

Network telemetry is a critical area for network operation not only for today
but also for tomorrow. IETF needs such an "informational" document to
articulate the concept, share common understandings, and summarize  the best
industry practice. We have communicated this work with numerous network
operators and they all think this is eye-opening and help them learn the
state-of-art and clarify some misunderstandings about network telemetry.

We believe it's time to engage the entire WG to keep improving the work, to
cover an important technical area in IETF, and to make positive contributions
to the industry.

We urge the WG members and anyone who is interested in this work to read this
draft and provide your valuable and constructive suggestions for further
improvement. We'll surely address them in future revisions. Network telemetry
is an exciting technology and a big thing in networks so let's start to tackle
it. You support is important, please don't hesitate to voice it. Thank you very
much!

Best regards,
Haoyu