Hi Joe,

I think this document fills a hole in the set of YANG models we have for
managing and operating services over our network, and I'd like the WG to
pick it up and polish it.

I commit to doing a review or two as the draft advances. To kick that
off there are a few comments below. None of these needs to be addressed
before adoption.

Best,
Adrian

---

It is unclear to me from Section 1 whether this document is intended to
be limited to L3VPNs or applies to all VPNs. The very first sentence
gives a strong hint that the scope is restricted to L3VPN, but I think
that is not the intention.

---

Maybe Figure 1 should be set in the context of RFC 8309. In particular,
s/Service Network Models/Network Service Models/
But it might also be nice to include a reference to 8309 to help give
meaning to the figure.

---

Looking at...
          +--ro inbound-octets?             yang:counter64
          +--ro inbound-unicast?            yang:counter64
          +--ro inbound-nunicast?           yang:counter64
          +--ro inbound-discards?           yang:counter32
          +--ro inbound-errors?             yang:counter32
          +--ro inbound-unknown-protocol?   yang:counter32
          +--ro outbound-octets?            yang:counter64
          +--ro outbound-unicast?           yang:counter64
          +--ro outbound-nunicast?          yang:counter64
          +--ro outbound-discards?          yang:counter32
          +--ro outbound-errors?            yang:counter32

I tend to agree that there are likely to be an order of magnitude fewer
discards and errors than legitimate packets, but I can also consider
times (such as during attacks) then every packet is in error or is
discarded. I think it would be wise (and possibly helpful) to have all
of the counters at 64bits.

This would also mean that the four counters under loss-statistics should
also be counter64.