发件人: tom petch [mailto:ie...@btconnect.com]
发送时间: 2021年3月23日 0:42
收件人: Joe Clarke (jclarke) <jcla...@cisco.com>; Wubo (lana)
<lana.w...@huawei.com>
抄送: opsawg@ietf.org; opsawg-cha...@ietf.org;
draft-ietf-opsawg-tacacs-y...@ietf.org
主题: Re: [OPSAWG] Last Call: <draft-ietf-opsawg-tacacs-yang-09.txt> (YANG Data
Model for TACACS+) to Proposed Standard

From: Joe Clarke (jclarke) <jcla...@cisco.com>
Sent: 22 March 2021 13:12

On 3/22/21 07:15, Wubo (lana) wrote:
> Hi Tom, Joe,
>
> Thanks for your review and comments. The issues will fixed in the next
> revision.
>
> For 'leaf shared-secret', the following text will be added:
> "It is highly recommended that shared keys are at least 32 characters long and
>   sufficiently complex with mixed different character types."

You're mixing "shared keys" and "shared secrets" again.  I think you should
stick with the latter.  And I think something like: "with a mix of different
character types" reads a bit better.  Perhaps Tom will have a better way of
stating that.

<tp>

Not really!
Perhaps
''... with a mix of different character types i.e. upper case, lower case,
numeric, punctuation"

That is the sort of terminology I see when being prompted to create a password
for a website.

Tom Petch

Joe