In my experience, SBOM’s are specific to a particular vendor, product, version
(assuming 3 part semantic versioning) and timestamp. The URI, if using the
.well-known construct, will need to accommodate many SBOM’s – perhaps “base” is
providing this level of specificity, e.g. https://{hostname}/.well-known/sbom
<https://%7bhostname%7d/.well-known/sbom>
/Vendor/Product/Version/IamtheTimestampedSBOM.spdx

I tend to think of GitHub as a litmus test for these type of scenarios. “How
would this work on GitHub?”

Thanks,

Dick Brooks

 <https://reliableenergyanalytics.com/products> Never trust software, always