From: OPSAWG [mailto:opsawg-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Greg Mirsky
Sent: Monday, August 23, 2021 11:53 AM
To: idr wg <i...@ietf.org>; opsawg <opsawg@ietf.org>
Subject: [OPSAWG] A question about relationship between
draft-song-opsawg-ifit-framework and draft-wang-idr-bgp-ifit-capabilities

Dear OPSAWG and IDR WGs,
I've been following the discussion of
draft-song-opsawg-ifit-framework<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-song-opsawg-ifit-framework/>
 in the OPSAWG. The on-path telemetry is a very important element of the OAM
toolset. The IFIT framework discussion is helping to better understand how the
op-path telemetry can help operators. As you can see, that document is not yet
been adopted by the WG.
I've read draft-wang-idr-bgp-ifit-capabilities and have noticed that though it
defines elements of the control plane for the IFIT, it does not reference the
IFIT Framework document. That seems like an unfortunate omission. Also, it
might be appropriate to get the IFIT framework progressed before advancing
documents on the control plane extensions supporting functionalities defined in
the framework.
What are your opinions?

Regards,
Greg