On 25/10/2021 18.27, Michael Richardson wrote:
On 2021-10-20 12:40 p.m., Michael Richardson wrote:
On 2021-10-04 4:00 p.m., Henk Birkholz wrote:
Dear OPSAWG members,

this starts a call for Working Group Adoption of

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gharris-opsawg-pcap-02

ending on Monday, October 18th.

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/opsawg/4Cvm_msdnORHMUY3kbyCV6dbGyI is a very long thread about adoption from November 2020.

There were many suggestions at the time from many people on the CC.

It would be great if you could comment on the current plan.

A number of you spoke up last week about pcapng in this thread.
Can you clarify if your support was for the pcapng only document, or for both pcap and pcapng?

I support both pcap and pcapng. My potential use-case is for the draft-vassilev-bmwg-network-interconnect-tester-07 where we might need alternative binary formats for reading the capture buffers in addition to the format specified with a YANG data model.

I am also in support of only doing minor editorial changes to the submitted documents during the IETF process. That said I do not think there is anything preventing the work group to semantically change the drafts once they are adopted. I just do not see a good reason for this.

/Vladimir