From: OPSAWG [mailto:opsawg-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Benoit Claise
Sent: Wednesday, February 9, 2022 10:42 PM
To: Tianran Zhou <zhoutianran=40huawei....@dmarc.ietf.org>; Jean Quilbeuf
<jean.quilbeuf=40huawei....@dmarc.ietf.org>; opsawg <opsawg@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [OPSAWG] Specifying protocols in
draft-claise-opsawg-collected-data-manifest

Hi Tianran,
On 2/9/2022 2:04 PM, Tianran Zhou wrote:
Hi Jean,
I am a little confused about this manifest?
Can we just read from the device about the configuration? We can get all the
running information.
I'm not sure whether this is a generic question or whether your question
relates to the message below.
Let me answer the generic question. We don't always want to read the devices
information from the closed-loop automation systems or the database. Once known

   "This data manifest instance file MUST be streamed all with the data

   and stored along with the collected data.  In case the data are moved

   to different place (typically a database), the data manifest MUST

   follow the collected data.  This can render the data unusable if that

   context is lost, for instance when the data is stored without the

   relevent information."
Also the context might be lost, so  not available any longer from the device
Ex: how was it metered?

This is what we were trying to say with this generic sentence in the charter:
"This can render the data unusable if that context is lost, for instance when
the data is stored without the relevent information."

There is some more justifications in the introduction (section 2).

Regards, Benoit

Best,
Tianran

Sent from WeLink