Hi Mohamed,
Many thanks for your review and good comments.

After the IETF #116 OPSA WG and discussions on the inventory email alias/NIMBY
new charter discussions; we understand that there is work to do and we are
reviewing the YANG modules being part of DMLMO, including structure; we are
already starting to work on the next review, and we are considering all your
comments/notes.

Many thanks,
Marisol

Re: [OPSAWG] WG adoption call for draft-palmero-opsawg-dmlmo-09

mohamed.boucad...@orange.com<mailto:mohamed.boucad...@orange.com> Fri, 17 March
2023 14:54 UTCShow
header<https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/opsawg/?q=dmlmo>

Hi all,

FWIW, please find below a review of this draft:

  *   pdf:
https://github.com/boucadair/IETF-Drafts-Reviews/raw/master/draft-palmero-opsawg-dmlmo-09-rev%20Med.pdf

  *   doc:
https://github.com/boucadair/IETF-Drafts-Reviews/raw/master/draft-palmero-opsawg-dmlmo-09-rev%20Med.doc

I support the overall effort to provide a common (set of) model(s) to
complement existing the in-house tools (e.g., industrialize collection of
EoL/EoS) with the hope that inventory data is not kept stale and that it is
actively updated.

However, I think that some more effort is needed to better scope this work. I
don't think that the document is ready in its current state. Some "diet" effort
is needed to keep only core components and offload other parts to
future/companion extensions.

I have also many comments on the yang structure itself (lack of structure
types, abuse of string, lack of meaningful descriptions, etc.), but I guess
these can be fixed once the high level concern is handled.

Aaah, rather than "Cisco and Ohers", I suggest you simply rely in the PEN
registry. Here is an example:

       leaf vendor-id {

         type uint32;

         description

           "The Vendor ID is a security vendor's Private Enterprise

            Number as registered with IANA.";

         reference

           "IANA: Private Enterprise Numbers

(https://www.iana.org/assignments/enterprise-numbers/)"<https://www.iana.org/assignments/enterprise-numbers/)%22>;