Jim Guichard has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-opsawg-ipfix-srv6-srh-08: Discuss

introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to
https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/handling-ballot-positions/

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-ipfix-srv6-srh/

DISCUSS:

Section 1:

   Also, three routing protocol extensions, OSPFv3 [RFC9352], IS-IS
   [I-D.ietf-lsr-isis-srv6-extensions] and BGP Prefix Segment
   Identifiers(Prefix-SIDs) [RFC9252]

The above needs to be fixed. OSPFv3 is not [RFC9352] and I assume that the
reference should point to
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lsr-ospfv3-srv6-extensions/,
ietf-lsr-isis-srv6-extensions is an out-of-date reference as it is now
https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc9352, and RFC 9252 is "BGP Overlay Services
Based on Segment Routing over IPv6 (SRv6)" that provides protocol extensions
for SRv6-based BGP services.

Section 3:

   srhSegmentsIPv6Left
      8-bit unsigned integer defining the number of segments remaining
      to reach the end of the segment list as defined in Section 2 of
      [RFC8754].

The above description is not technically accurate. While section 2 of RFC8754
does define the SRH, the 'Segments Left' field of the SRH is actually defined
in Section 4.4 of RFC8200 (https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc8200#section-4.4)
and RFC8754 points to that reference. Section 5.7 of this document should also
point to the correct reference.

Section 5.9.1:

  | TBD15 | OSPFv3             | [RFC-to-be],<xref target="RFC9352">   |
  |       | Segment Routing    |                                       |
  +-------+--------------------+---------------------------------------+
  | TBD16 | IS-IS              | [RFC-to-be],<xref target="            |
  |       | Segment Routing    | I-D.ietf-lsr-isis-srv6-extensions"/>  |
These references need to be corrected as indicated above.

COMMENT:

Section 6.2:

   The SID endpoint behaviors described in section 4 of
   [I-D.ietf-spring-srv6-srh-compression] determine wherever the segment
   list is compressed or not.

Section 4 of the referenced draft does not define new endpoint behaviors for
SRv6; the document defines new flavors for existing behaviors.