Hi Daniele,

apologies for the late reply.

I think inventory is somewhat orthogonal to this, but of course devices and equipment (including chassis, line cards, equipment holders etc) will be considered part of inventory.   Therefore via transitive closure it is certainly conceivable to make power consumption data accessible via inventory.  This could make sense as part of a consolidated controller view of a network.  However, on a network element itself, the network inventory aspect would not apply but the metrics should still be available so the device/equipment level category still applies.  As to whether device level data should be replicated as part of network inventory data  would presumably depend on the use case.

--- Alex