Hi Paul,

On 1/23/2024 12:14 PM, mohamed.boucad...@orange.com wrote:

        4.3. forwardingStatus

        In particular, the registered Abstract
       Data Type is unsigned8, while it must be unsigned32.

    Why must it be?

    */[Med] As per the definition in RFC7270./*

I've opened an errata for that: https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid7775

*/[Med] I don’ think an erratum applies here because the intent of 7270 is clearly unsigned32:/*

While you and I were working on NetFlow at Cisco when we wrote the RFC 7270, I don't feel comfortable having an errata on a Cisco-specific IPFIX. Anyway, what is the issue with keeping unsigned32, should we be liberal in what we accept? And we know that the reduced-size encoding (https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc7011.html#section-6.2) will be used anyway. It's not even useful to have this sentence (" IPFIX reduced-size encoding is used as required") in the description but I can live with it.

Regards, Benoit