Thank you Loa for reviewing this document again! Much appreciated.

Please find some follow-ups inline below

On Sun, Apr 21, 2024 at 3:46 AM Loa Andersson <l...@pi.nu> wrote:

> Working Group, Carlos, and Adrian,
>
> The way I understood draft-pignataro-opsawg-oam-whaaat-question-mark, is
> that
> while it updates RFC 6291, the updates are only additions, is that
> correctly
> understood?

CMP: Correct.

> You give the guidance:
>
>    The guidance in this document is to avoid the terms "*-band" and
>    instead find finer-granularity descriptive terms. The definitions
>    presented in this document are for use in all future IETF documents
>    that refer to OAM, and the terms "in-band OAM" and "out-of-band OAM"
>    are not to be used in future documents.
>
> You mean that there is no need to go back and update old documents, e.g.
> the MPLS WG has a handful of documents with *-band" in the title.
> If we don't update them for some other reason? If so I support this.

CMP: Correct.

> Some small nits
>
> - I think we should follow the RFC Editor, OAM is an abbreviation, not an
>   acronym. Yes I know I had it wrong in RFC 6291, and if you want to make
>   that update I'm all for it.

CMP: Good question. I believe OAM is an initialism within abbreviations. I
would like the RFC Editor to provide this guidance at the right time.

> - you say: [RFC9197] currently uses the acronym "IOAM" for In Situ
>   Operations, Administration, and Maintenance. While this document
>   does not obsolete that acronym, it still recommends that "In situ
>   OAM" is used instead to avoid potential ambiguity.
>
> "Currently there are 7 RFCs that have the abbreviation IOAM in the title,
> RFC 9197, RFC 9322, RFC 9326, RFC 9359, RFC 9378, RFC 9452, and RFC 9486,
> I suspect there are more that have IOAM in the body.
>
> You might want to make this a more general guidance than just to refer
> to RFC 9197.

CMP: Done. "RFC 9197 and other dependent documents"

> I also think we should make "OAM" well-known, so we don't have to expand
> it when we use e.g. "In situ OAM" in a title.
>
> Other than that I support adopting the draft as a working group draft.

CMP: Thanks!

Carlos.