De : Donald Eastlake <d3e...@gmail.com>
Envoyé : lundi 6 mai 2024 00:08
À : int-...@ietf.org; int-...@ietf.org
Cc : draft-ietf-opsawg-ipfix-fixes....@ietf.org; opsawg-cha...@ietf.org
Objet : INTDIR Review of draft-ietf-opsawg-ipfix-fixes-08

I am an assigned INT directorate reviewer for
<draft-ietf-opsawg-ipfix-fixes-08.txt>. These comments were written primarily
for the benefit of the Internet Area Directors. Document editors and
shepherd(s) should treat these comments just like they would treat comments
from any other IETF contributors and resolve them along with any other Last
Call comments that have been received. For more details on the INT Directorate,
see https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/intdir/about/ .

Based on my review, if I was on the IESG I would ballot this document as NO
OBJECTION.

This is a straightforward document that fixes lots of inconsistencies and
glitches in the IPFIX IANA Information Element registry.

I did not find any significant issues or technical problems with this document.

The following are minor issues (typos, misspelling, minor text improvements)
with the document:

Abstract: "a shortcoming" -> "shortcomings"

Abstract & Introduction: "calling" -> "citing" or "referencing"

Section 6.21.2: References to IEEE and ISO/IEC documents, if they are
worth including, should be real references.

Section 3, 2nd sentence: I think "should be" -> "is"

Section 4.4.2 & 4.5.2: although DCCP is included in the "e.g." list in
the last sentence of these sections, it is not included in their
Description paragraph and there is no reference to RFC 4340. These
should at least be consistent within the registry entry.

Section 6.10.2: listing RFC 3022 twice seems odd.

Section 9: This says to "update" the reference clause of the "IPFIX
Information Elements" registry with "this document". Suggest using
"add" rather than "update" as in

     request IANA to add [this document] to the references for the
     "IPFIX Information Elements" registry.
Thanks,
Donald
 2386 Panoramic Circle, Apopka, FL 32703 USA
 d3e...@gmail.com<mailto:d3e...@gmail.com>
falsifie. Merci.

this message and its attachments.
modified, changed or falsified.