Hi, Panos,

Thanks so much for your feedback! Please find some responses in-line
(more coming...)

On 09/17/2015 02:10 AM, Panos Kampanakis (pkampana) wrote:

> I am struggling to understand the gap this draft fills.

Please see Melinda's comments...

> Finally, with all the "NGFW" products and features out there that
> section 4 could include many more kinds of fws. Same for section 5.

Would you mind elaborating on the kind of features that you're referring to?

> In general, I think that the draft covers legacy firewalls mostly,
> not all the modern fw features that exist today and I am not sure if
> it tries to convince readers about their need (because I don't think
> in today's world firewalling functionality can be rejected as
> unnecessary by anyone)

Please check many discussions in IETF circles. Many deem firewalls as evil.

Thanks!

Best regards,
--
Fernando Gont