On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 11:15:27AM -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote 2.0K bytes in
34 lines about:
: The combination Firefox-3.0.3(in fact,Iceweasel-3.0.3),Torbutton-1.2.0 leaks
my real IPaddress.This happens BETWEEN when I initiate Tor-0.2.0.31 with the
bash command /usr/local/tor/bin/tor and the moment when Tor effectively
establishes a connection-circuit.This can be 60 seconds or more,and if in
between we connect to the Internet withFirefox-Torbutton the real IP address is
used(even with torbutton running-green)I tested with www.showmyip.com and
others.My fear is if the same could happen when Tor changes circuit by ten-ten
minutes or so,when leaves the previous circuit to the next one.(what happens in
the transition moments).I did not test that situation.
                          Thanks.

Is torbutton enabled in Firefox the entire time?  When I try to
replicate this, Firefox reports the socks proxy isn't available.

Are you using Firefox directly with Tor?  Or do you have privoxy/polipo
in between Firefox and Tor?

--
Andrew