On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 09:21:08 -0500
Praedor Atrebates <prae...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Got it now.  Now when I point to 127.0.0.1 I get places.  Now the question
> is, how can one test whether or not their DNS is leaking?  There is the tor
> status page that can tell you whether or not you are using tor but what about
> something equivalent to test your DNS anonymity?

The transparent proxying firewall rules on the Tor wiki are intended to:

* not affect any traffic to or from Tor,
* redirect all other outbound TCP connections into Tor's TransPort,
* redirect all other outbound DNS packets into Tor's DNSPort, and
* drop all other outbound packets.

But the only way I know of to test whether your computer is leaking DNS
packets without disturbing your firewall configuration is to use a
packet sniffer.

Robert Ransom