*Title:* QA Manager - Platform

*Location: *Palo Alto, CA**

*Duration:* 6 mths

*Overview:*
Our small, agile QA team is a vital part of our flat organization. This team
is unrelenting about every part of the spectacular user experience. You'll
be creating social networks, using social networks, and exploring every nook
and cranny of improvements and new features that you make for the social
networks at the Client’s place.

*Responsibilities:*
(40% Test planning / 30% Managerial duties / 30% Test Implementation and bug
reporting)

·  Lead the execution and coordination of day to day, and scheduled tasks of
internal and external team members.

·  Help build a team of White Box Engineers and allocate resources for
projects.

·  Oversee the quality of test plans, test cases, test matrix, and bug
reporting.

·  Monitor, track and report test status and bug statistics.

·  Contribute to application usability and user experience and
implementation.

·  Perform test coverage and gap analysis of test plans and schedules and
use this information to prioritize testing.

·  Work with development to triage existing bugs and ensure that bugs,
enhancements, and change requests follow the established life cycle.

·  Mentor and train the junior members of the team.

·  Develop, maintain, and improve automated test scripts for end-to-end and
regression testing.

·  Work with performance team to ensure the software complies to standards.

·  Setup and maintain test environments.

Qualifications:

·  Minimum of 2-3 years of direct management experience.

·  5-7+ years experience in software /internet services QA

·  Strategic leader with a strong track record of building, training, and
mentoring a QA team.

·  Demonstrate initiative, flexibility, and ability to concurrently manage
multiple deadline-driven tasks and projects.

·  Powerful advocate for advancing quality in all aspects of product cycle.

·  Understand the product life-cycle for an internet startup.

·  Solid understanding of issues of software technologies scalability,
maintainability, and data structures as they relate to high-volume internet
applications.

·  Very strong programming skills.

·  Experience in building test frameworks in test automation.

·  Familiarity with commercial and open source test automation and test case
management technologies such as Selenium, Squish, and Testlink.

·  Ability to troubleshoot and analyze application issues to root cause
where possible.

·  Exceptional abilities designing/implementing test plans, test cases, and
test scripts.

·  Expertise in authoring QA methodologies and strategies with a focus in
functional testing, stress and load testing, test case planning, and
documentation.

·  Strong Unix and scripting skills.

·  First hand experience with rollout of software application.

·  Experience in IT Operations in support production systems.

·  B.S./M.S. Degree in applicable field, preferably Computer Science,
Engineering or Information Technology or equivalent experience in applicable
fields.

Personal

·  Excellent work ethic, dependable, and responsible.

·  Must be a flexible self-starter who can ramp up with new technologies
quickly and can adapt to a growing and evolving team.

·  Strong self-motivation and proactive mentality (this is a startup, not
just a job!).

·  Strong logical and creative problem-solving skills, good oral and written
communication skills, and excellent analytical skills.

·  Excellent team player, including the ability to work cross functionally
in a fast-paced, limited resource environment; excellent negotiation skills

*Thanks & Regards*

*Mike Kenny***

[image: volgalogo]*
(**408) 216. 7673** (Voice)
(413) 235.7695 (Fax)*
m...@volgasystems.com*
*www.volgasystems.com

IM : mk.volga

http://groups.google.co.in/group/recruiting-simplifies

e-mails then please reply with a "REMOVE" in the subject line at
m...@volgasystems.com <ch...@volgasystems.com> and mention all the e-mail
addresses to be removed with any e-mail addresses, which might be diverting
the e-mails to you. We are sorry for the inconvenience.