*Title:* Platforms Tools Engineer

*Location: *Palo Alto, CA**

*Duration:* 6 mths

For a rapidly growing company we need a host of tools to manage and service
various aspects of the company like users, social networks, billing, product
support, releases etc. As a platform tools engineer, you will be working on
a new initiative within the company with a dedicated focus on improving the
efficiency of the company. You will have complete product ownership with
responsibility for product (requirements, design, implementation, testing,
deployment and support) and communication (with the legal team, customer
advocates, engineers and managers). You will also be working alongside
people who build the platform and get an opportunity to understand how large
and scalable systems are built.

You will be writing tools that interact with Client's Data Services Platform
(built on Hadoop) and client Platform REST APIs to provide a reliable way of
obtaining information from the system. You will be developing using
Jruby/Rails - but learning a lot about different java technologies as part
of the process.

Responsibilities

·  Work with engineers and managers to provide new tools and applications
that can increase the productivity of the entire organization.

·  Create and build ad-hoc dashboards for performance and business metrics.

·  Pro-actively interact with various constituents of the company for
product planning, maintenance and enhancements.

·  Work on projects end-to-end from initial concept, through design,
implementation, quality assurance, to delivery and maintenance of the
product.

·  Work using agile development practices with rapid 1-2 week development
cycles with focus on unit testing and code reviews.

·  Be flexible and multi-task in a fast paced startup environment.

Qualifications

·  Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical
field.

·  2+ years of software engineering experience designing and developing
modern web-based server solutions.

·  Strong experience in Ruby/PHP development and debugging, database
programming and Oracle/MySQL databases.

·  Strong UNIX/LINUX background with high level of knowledge of internet
protocols like HTTP.

·  Good understanding and practical experience in Object Oriented Design &
Programming, Design Patterns, Software Development life cycle process and
procedures.

·  Curiosity. You've already created a social network and will bring great
technical and operations related questions to the interview process.

Thanks & Regards**

Mike Kenny**

[image: volgalogo]*
(**408) 216. 7673** (Voice)
(413) 235.7695 (Fax)*
m...@volgasystems.com*
*www.volgasystems.com

IM : mk.volga

http://groups.google.co.in/group/recruiting-simplifies

e-mails then please reply with a "REMOVE" in the subject line at
m...@volgasystems.com <ch...@volgasystems.com> and mention all the e-mail
addresses to be removed with any e-mail addresses, which might be diverting
the e-mails to you. We are sorry for the inconvenience.