* Please route your consultants profile to r...@itincus.com*

Dear Partners:

Below is the requirement for an Oracle DBA for Allentown, PA.  This is a
long-term project.  Candidates must meet all of the requirements.

Oracle DBA:

This candidate will work on a client directed team, working day-to-day with
internal IT team members.  However, he/she will have interaction with
"external" customers (outside IT/application groups and possibly business
line personnel - while these positions are highly technical, a service
mentality is important).

Each DBA at our Client Location is assigned around 100 databases-- that are
a mix of SQL Server and Oracle, but primarily Oracle.  Of those about 225
are production resources.

Rotating Pager requirement @ 1/month.  Therefore, client has placed an
emphasis on candidate's troubleshooting & analysis skills.

·         Duties, Activities, Responsibilities and Competencies:

·         Work in a team environment supporting operational issues and
project work for Our Client's business application environment.

·         Implementation, configuration, management, monitoring and support
of PPL’s database environment.

·         Database support including performance monitoring as well as
backup and recovery.

·         Development and improvement of process and procedures supporting
the DBA group, including process automation where appropriate.

·         Investigate and test new database features and develop strategies
for implementing them across Our Client's database environment.

·         Database Security Support including password changes, security
patches, SOX reporting and compliance related activities.

·         On-call support 24x7 (normally one week out of ~seven).

·         Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.

·         Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.

Technical Qualifications:

·         Experience with Oracle and SQL Server database technologies,
including Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), Oracle Data Guard, Oracle Real
Application Clusters (RAC) and Oracle Application Server (OAS).

·         Strong UNIX/Linux shell script writing skills and VBscript writing
skills for Windows platforms.

·         UNIX, Linux and Windows server operating system skills.

Core skill requirements follow:

Both Oracle and to a lesser extent SQL Server skill sets are desired.  In
both environments, the DBA at our client site would be primarily considered
a Systems DBA.  This is due to the primary responsibilities of Security,
Space Management, installation, upgrades and Backup and Recovery.

·         Oracle versions include 8.1.7 through 11.1.  Operating Systems are
Windows, HP-UX and Linux.

·         Specific toolsets required are RMAN and Dataguard, OEM, Oracle
Application Server, and Tivoli Storage Manager.

·         The most important soft qualities: Ability to handle distractions
well; time management, communication of expectations.

Thanks
Ram
Infovision Technologies
r...@itincus.com