renée

Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2001 1:41 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Renee,

    Is the field in Oracle defined as "NOT NULL"?  This could be your
problem.

Dick Goulet

Been there, done that, DOH happen again!!!

Author: "Renee Bonnett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date:       1/29/2001 8:50 PM

I fully agree about using Access and would rather avoid it. But the only
thing is I'm working on a product (not my own) that has a fully constructed
frontend interface in access. Most clients of this product use Access
backend except for one which uses oracle. So I'm the lucky person to
converge the two.

So I'm still left with the problem below and how to overcome it somehow. I'm
performing more testing to narrow down what actual records are throwing the
error in respect to the field being memo in access but varchar2 in oracle.
Where all of the data doesn't exceed the 2000 char limit placed in oracle.

But thankyou for your advice.

renée