Where did you get the number 505 from? I read somewhere that 64k is allocated at the beginning of each datafile in a LMT for a bitmap yielding approximately 256k bits for the bitmap per datafile. If each bit represents one extent, I'd expect to be able to have a lot more than 505 extents.

  paquette stephane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

When using locally managed tablespace, you should not
have more extents than the number of extents that the
segment header can hold in 1 block.

For a 8K block you should not have more than 505
extents.

The main drawback I see with lmt using uniform extent
is if you want to change the extent size. You must
drop/recreate the tablespace or migrate it to
dictionnary managed ,make the change than migrate it
back to locally managed.

Also, If all your tbs are locally managed you must
have an online rollback segment in the system
tablespace before putting all the other rbs offline
(like in Oracle 7.1) .

--- "Malkuns, Skip" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>a
écrit : > Is anyone using LMTSs? What is the largest
number of