Hi !

ST is Space Transaction enque.. (some people call as
Single Threaded) which is acquired in every space
management operation.

It is serialized by design (oly one ST lock per
instance).So tehre may be a contention

1. If you allocate/deallocate space dynamically...
2. Unnecessary disk sorts
3. Dynamic extention of ROllback segments
4. When TEMP space is NOT real temporary space..
4. Improper extent settings

And at peak your alert log will be filled with more
ORA-1575 messages

Sorry I can't think more. I am in half sleep.

=====
Have a nice day !!
Best Regards,
K Gopalakrishnan,