Charlie,

You could also do this:-

if [ -f check_file ] 2> /dev/null; then # any error messages are not
                                          diplayed.
  ftp ...   # write the file name after ftp
fi

Tell me if you still have problems and can help.

Regards,

Raja
--

On Wed, 31 Jan 2001 13:55:44
 Charlie Mengler wrote:

>"Hand, Michael T" wrote:
>>
>> Roy,
>> I would stick with the test commands you are using.  One point, the -s tests
>> two condition: does the file exist AND is it > 0 bytes,  therefore you will
>> have to break up you test into 2 parts
>> test -a    does the file exist, and then
>> test -s
>>
>> Regards,
>> Mike Hand
>> Polaroid Corp

Get your small business started at Lycos Small Business at
http://www.lycos.com/business/mail.html
Author: Viraj Luthra