> Yes, Oracle8i on Win2K is certified, but not 8.0.
>
> Apparently OEM is the problem.

Just got off the phone w/ Oracle tech support, and they said that OEM
*is* definetly supported on Windows 2000, and should work fine. They
said that you don't *have* to have OEM, the usual command line
functions can still be used, but that there are a few minor
functionalities that can be added into OEM that aren't (and won't be)
available in command line environment.

Perhaps of minor peripheral interest: WebDB doesn't run on 8.1.7, and
you can't run Portal on the same box as 8.1.7. To run Portal, you need
a separate middle-tier box (w/ Apache). Same for Oracle9. I guess
we'll be "stuck" with 8.1.6 and WebDB (2.2?) until we decide to go to
Oracle9 w/ Portal on some other box (hopefully some other departments
also running Oracle here will share the cost of the middle tier,
otherwise no Portal).

regards,
ep

Author: Eric D. Pierce