        From:   Mohan, Ross [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent:   Tuesday, February 06, 2001 11:22 AM
        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
        Subject:        RE: OT  NT2K vs Unix.

        Given that "most" db problems are app-centric, and a healthy
        majority of *any* datacenters' downtime is human-error related,
        it seems to be that the route to stability is through the
        enhanced learning of the operator/developer/administrators. And
        learning requires open minds and for things like technology,
        frequent refreshing....

        But that is just my opinion. It may actually be the case that
        the way to improve something is to castigate, excoriate, and
        denigrate.  But, I need to continue my observations on that
        topic.

        ;->