A datafile in a tablespace for a rollback segment was
accidentally deleted at the OS level.  I am trying to
drop that tablespace which contains a rollback segment
needing recovery.  When I try to drop the rollback
segment, the following error is returned:

ORA-1545: rollback segment ‘R4’ specified not
available

When I try to drop tablespace RBS2 including contents,
the following error is returned:

ORA-01548:  active rollback segment ‘R4’ found,
terminate dropping tablespace

I have attempted to drop the datafile using alter
database datafile ‘/u06/oradata/…/rbs02_03.dbf’
offline drop with no success.  The database has been
shutdown and restarted with the two remaining good
rollback segments.

We can insert and alter tables but cannot create new
tables.

Any help in dropping this tablespace and recreating
rollback segments or working around it would be
greatly appreciated.

Michelle

Author: Michelle Buyer