Hi Sean,

I'm no NT expert but I had to manage an Oracle 8.0.5/
NT database last year.
I've used the osdba and osoper group. The daily cold
backup, database export, statistics,... jobs were
connecting to the database using '/ as sysdba' or '/
as sysoper'. The jobs were scheduled by AT. So no
password in any scripts.

--- "O'Neill, Sean" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit :
> Hi Folks,
>
> I have some SQL scripts which I use to Shutdown and
> Startup DBs.  The SQL
> scripts are called from OS batch files and run using
> AT schedule service.
> Problem, or so I perceive it as being, is that I use
> SYSTEM user as part of
> script to connect to DB to Startup/Shutdown and I
> have the password for same
> (horror of horrors???) in the SQL script.  So I'm
> wondering how othger folks
> manage the same process.  Do you use the OS file
> protection to protect the
> SQL file from prying eyes or perhaps a particular
> Oracle account stripped of
> unecessary privs etc to include in script OR is
> there a antoher more secure
> way around this issue that I just have not
> realised?.
>
> Sean :)
>
> Rookie Data Base Administrator
> [0%] OCP Oracle8i DBA
> [0%] OCP Oracle9i DBA
>
> "They tell me nothing, but expect me to know
> everything!"
>

> --
> Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ:
> http://www.orafaq.com
> --
> Author: O'Neill, Sean
>   INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX:
> (858) 538-5051
> San Diego, California        -- Public Internet

> from).  You may
> (like subscribing).

=====
Stephane Paquette